FEF Program/Activity Participant COVID-19-Related Agreement
Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present. As such, Florida Education Fund, Inc. (“FEF”) cannot guarantee that people participating in an FEF-sponsored program, project or activity, will not become exposed or infected with COVID-19.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control ("CDC") recommends that people get fully vaccinated. Per the CDC, vaccines are safe and highly effective at protecting people from severe COVID-19. Getting fully vaccinated yourself may also protect people around you. The CDC still recommends prevention measures for unvaccinated people. For more information see www.cdc.gov
Consistent with the most recent CDC guidance, FEF has adopted the following preventative measures in an effort to reduce the possibility of infection during FEF-sponsored programs, projects and activities:
1. Each participant in an FEF-sponsored program, project or activity, his/her guest, and any other person in attendance ("Attendee") is required to bring sufficient face coverings with him/her to the FEF-sponsored program, project or activity venue and to wear a face covering during all indoor activity.
2. Attendees are required to practice “social distancing.”
3. In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, if, during the dates of any FEF-sponsored program, project or activity, an Attendee falls into any one of the below categories, s/he will immediately cease participation in the FEF-sponsored program, project or activity and leave the FEF-sponsored program, project or activity venue:
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK
Attendee exhibits any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea;
Attendee believes that s/he may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19; and/or
- Attendee has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and is not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health
authorities or the health care provider responsible for his/her treatment.
By participating in an FEF-sponsored program, project or activity, Attendee acknowledges and understands the following:
1. Participation in an FEF-sponsored program, project or activity includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases
including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of
serious illness and death does exist.
2. Attendee knowingly and freely assumes all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.
3. Attendee hereby knowingly assumes the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with participation in an FEF-sponsored program, project or activity.
RELEASE AND WAIVER
By participating in an FEF-sponsored program, project or activity, Attendee hereby releases, waives and forever discharges any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against
the Florida Education Fund, Inc., including, without limitation, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (the “Released Parties”), either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to damages or losses caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the
Released Parties, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss or out of pocket expenses, or loss
or damage to property, which Attendee, his/her heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may
have or which may hereinafter accrue on Attendee's behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise from Attendee's participation in/with any FEF-sponsored program, project or activity.